Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Not 'Yo Mama's' Corn Bread

This is a recipe I tried over thanksgiving. I think I changed enough of the ingredient's that I can officially call it my own. (Yay!)

This is not quite a traditional corn bread, but more of a loaf.

Preheat to 350F

In one bowl combine 1 cup corn meal, 1 cup flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 2 tablespoons corn starch and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk all the dry ingredients together.

In a separate bowl, whisk together just shy of 1 cup sour cream, a splash of milk, 3 tablespoons honey, and 3 tablespoons melted butter.

Now pour the wet into the dry and mix. This will turn into a dough, rather then the classic corn bread batter.




Now press your dough into a bread tin and bake for 20-25 min. Keep in mind that you arn't trying to brown the bread. You may want to do the toothpick test to make sure it is done. (stick a toothpick into the centre. If it comes out clean you know its done)

This is super yummy with butter on it or cream cheese.

(Sorry for not taking an after shot. I dont know what I was thinking.)

THE BREAKDOWN

1 cup corn meal
1 cup flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
2 T corn starch
1/2 t salt

1 cup sour cream
a splash of milk
3 T honey
3 T butter (melted)

No comments:

Post a Comment